Tuesday 9 November 2010

The Hidden Question of My Heart - Part 3

So, the rock and the sand and the flood: the wise and the foolish builders. What a picture! Such drama. I was an enthralled seven-year old at Mass.

From then on I made a vow to myself and all my future selves: I wanted to build my house on the rock and nothing else. I didn't want to be stupid; I didn't want my life to come collapsing around me. I wanted to be right. That story has shaped all the searchings and seekings for the rest of my life right until this very day.

I simply had to find out how to build my house on the rock, but I hadn't listened to everything. In missing that small detail I had missed everything. I had just heard what I wanted to hear. I hadn't listened; I was too interested in the spectacle of the story to hear its true meaning. I wouldn't find it for another eight years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be honest, but be respectful. Blessings to you All.