Wednesday 30 November 2011

Church of Tyre Prophecy

Woe to a people who are comfortable and complacent, and who take solace from the destruction of others. You think you will prosper at the expense of your brothers; you think you will replace Jerusalem as the apple of my eye? Have I not made known my salvation to you and revealed my goodness to you, in spite of your many sins? Then why do you delight in the judgment of your brother? Why do you, in glee, lord it over the people of the circumcision group? Why do you dismiss curtly and without compassion? Surely you should be wounded if your brother is injured? Surely you should share the suffering of your brother. But you are higher than he and you think that I am with you. I charge you with callousness and I find you guilty.  

You think I speak through you and yet your heart is far from me. You delight in your status and reputation and you pour scorn on your brothers. You think I am with you? No, I am not; I am against you. Remember what I did to Tyre when I punished her for all her haughty words. I pushed her into the sea, never to rise again. I am sending a dry wind from the east to test you and to sift you. Will I find faith when I come or will I find the rules and the religion of men? 

To those who are comfortable: you will be comfortable no more: the rug shall be pulled out from underneath you and your many buildings will be sold to unbelievers. Your goods will be seized and your broadcasting will come to an end. I am sick of your traffic and trade. You have enslaved your fellow brothers. Did I not call them out of darkness to be my children but you have enslaved them all over again to your teachings and to you gross practices. You excuse yourself and all those exposed in public. You use grace as a cover for wickedness. Not only does this greatly grieve me but I find myself aroused and jealous for my people, the sheep of my pasture. You have interjected; you should have brought them to know me but you have brought them up in your own faith, your own kingdom. 

You have not established my kingdom. Therefore I swear by myself that I am against you and I will not delay in sending this wind. It will scorch you and crack your lips, your tongue will stick to the roof of your mouth and your power of speech will be taken away from you. You shall look for relief but you will find none. You will look to the world but the world will scorn you. All who pass by you will wince at your suffering but none will lift a finger. Your tents will be emptied on the day of your wedding and your campus deserted. You were much vaunted and flirted with by the world. You drew the world into you, for the world saw itself in the mirror you held up. For a while it turned aside to see, but you will be ripped to pieces and my little ones will flood out of you as wine bursting forth from a dropped wineskin. They will escape your clutches for lush meadows and escape your reach. I will bring My People and settle them in a land far from Egypt. Once more they will call on me and I will be their Lord. The sheep of my pasture will come to me for they know me and I will gather them up in my arms. And when they walk through the desert neither their shoes nor their clothes will wear thin, for I will look over them.


Given November 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be honest, but be respectful. Blessings to you All.